Child Advocates’ mission is to provide stability and hope to children who have experienced abuse and neglect by being a powerful voice in their lives.
Child Advocates of Silicon Valley matches dependent children with Court-Appointed Special Advocates (CASA’s) who are trained to provide critical educational and emotional support, ensuring that each child’s needs are met and their voice is heard while navigating the dependency court system. Child Advocates is a member of the National CASA organization, serving children ages 0 – 21, in Santa Clara County.
Supervisor: Director of Community Development
Status: Regular, full-time position, occasional evening and weekend work required.
Location: Milpitas, California
Salary: Commensurate with education and experience
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision; generous Holidays, Time Off.
The Marketing and Outreach Coordinator works closely with the Community Development Director to establish initiatives to meet the agency’s recruiting, marketing and fundraising goals. In particular, this individual will work with the Community Development Director to set the strategic direction for all social media marketing, recruiting and PR related activities to help grow our volunteers, donors and community supporters. In addition, the individual will be responsible for updating our website and managing our email campaigns through our database.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
Marketing and Website Management
- Build and execute social media strategy through research, benchmarking, messaging and audience identification to expand and strengthen Child Advocates’ social media presence on Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube and Blog.
- Generate, edit and post daily content (original text, images, video) on Child Advocates’ website and social media platforms to build visibility, meaningful connections and encourage our community supporters (i.e., donors, CASAs, community supporters) to take action.
- Continuously improve social media platforms and website performance by capturing and analyzing the appropriate social data/web metrics, insights and best practices, and then acting on the information.
- Create content calendars and schedules utilizing social media management tools such as Hootsuite.
- Write and edit content for press releases, monthly newsletters, website and blog.
- Oversee management of the organization’s website. Post stories and update information. Trouble-shoot technical problems and work with IT support to resolve issues.
Events and Community Outreach
Build relationships with key community organizations, churches and local government officials to help spread the word about our CASA program and need for volunteers.
Create compelling slideshow presentations to present to community organizations; develop and train volunteers to manage informational booths at events and speak on our behalf.
- Work closely with Community Development Manager on the agency’s three fundraising events. Create marketing materials, obtain auction items and help with day of event logistics.
- Help establish other policies and procedures for the Community Development Department as required by the department Director.
- Perform other related duties as required and assigned.
Perform tasks under minimal supervision, ensure good relationships with a variety of people, demonstrate sound judgment and discretion, and demonstrate strong commitment to accuracy and detail. Meet deadlines as assigned.
- Minimum 3 years of paid, professional work experience in marketing and community outreach
- BA/BS degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Excellent writing, editing and media outreach skills
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Adobe Photoshop, Constant Contact or similar applications
- Proficiency in website management and HTML
- Ability to pass FBI, DOJ, DMV, SSN and CACI background checks
Please send resume and cover letter to: Laura Fulda, Director of Community Development, firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.